Isuroon's 2021 International Women's Day for Women of African Descent Virtual Conference
Monday, March 8, 2021 from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM (CST) / Minneapolis, MN / ISUROON
2021 International Women's Day for Women of African Descent Virtual Conference
Promoting Women of African Descent
Monday, March 8th, 2021 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
This event will be held ONLINE through ZOOM
Learning from and with women of African descent, this conference will address disparities while also promoting growth and development from a position of strength and abundance rather than limits and scarcity.
Join us for a day of knowledge and information with a particular focus on the growth and development of women of African descent. Through panel discussions and presentations, we will address key issues impacting the wellbeing of women of African descent including:
- Culturally sensitive healthcare
- COVID-19 and its impact on women of color
- Economic inequality
- Emotional health and resiliency
- The role of African Latinas in the Latinx social construct
- The education gaps and how to move forward
- The Muslim Ban and its effect on African communities
- Political involvement to drive positive change
The conference will also provide learning and learning and skill-building opportunities for community members, healthcare professionals, government workers, organizers, and allies seeking to develop authentic relationships with People of Color and Indigenous communities. Over the course of the day, we will honor the strength of our women, families, and communities; address the disparities that exist in Minnesota and the United States; and identify ways that we can promote the lives of women of African descent.
What is wellbeing?
While wellbeing may look different across race, ethnicity, and culture, Women of African Descent have identified the issues explored in this conference as top issues impacting their wellbeing. This conference will empower women to explore their personal wellbeing in community, while providing information and skills that lay the groundwork for system change and wellbeing in the broader community.
By attending the conference you will
- build community with Women of African Descent and key thinkers and activists working on issues impacting wellbeing
- Increase your emotional wellbeing
- learn and develop skills that you can leverage immediately to grow personal and community wellbeing
While the event is free, Isuroon is encouraging donations to support our culturally appropriate halal food shelves. Visit the link to donate, thank you for your support!
Register for the online event using the link: Register Here